How many rooms are in Thornewood? How many stained glass windows? What interesting artifacts lie in the basement? This castle contains many secrets...
- Two presidents have stayed at Thornewood Castle.
- Two films and one mini-series have featured Thornewood Castle...including one Oscar Winner
- The brick on the castle was taken from another castle in Wales 100 years ago and shipped to Washington State to be reconstructed.
- The castle's front doors are 500 years old.
- There are 54 rooms inside the castle, including 22 bedrooms and 22 baths.
- We have 10 bed and breakfast suites inside the castle and 3 vacation rental apartments adjoining the castle.
- Over 100 pieces of stained glass, salvaged from 15th & 16th-century churches, can be found throughout the castle.
- The Olmsted Brothers, who designed Thornewood's sunken English garden were also well-known for designing Central Park and Prospect Park in New York.
- More coming soon...